Wolfgang's Big Night Out

This is not typically a "buy this, listen to that" kind of blog. We like what we like and you like what you like and Barney says that's what makes us all special.

Aside: Barney is the Anti-Christ, you know. Think about it.

Having said that, I just bought the most fabulous - wait, let me channel Phyllis Diller and try that again -the most FAAAB-u-lous CD.

I can’t remember the last time I purchased music – probably Christmas songs from iTunes about 14 months ago. I just don't have time to listen to music. I'm either at work concentrating, in the car listening to news, at home listening to dogs bark or sleeping. You tell me when I have time to listen to music.

Anyway, I heard on The NPR that Brian "Stray Cats" Setzer has a new CD of remixed, lyricized and otherwise covered classical music.

Classical - love it. Stray Cats - love it with a burning '80s passion.
Want it, need it, gotta have it.

So onto Amazon, clickity-click and before you can say Stray Cat Strut I am in Big Bad Voodoo Daddy-meets-Sophomore Music Appreciation-meets-The Klezmatics-meets-Django Reinhardt-meets -BB King heaven.


With the exception of all Louis Prima music ever recorded Wolfgang's Big Night Out is the best dancing around the kitchen music. Ever.

Comments