Happy NaBloPoMo To You

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

This is the kind of spontaneous publicity that MAKES people!

NaBloPoMo is heeee-eeeer!...Wait...What?....

I've been kicking around the idea of joining the National Blog Posting Month effort since we launched this thing back in August, but suffer from an electronic fear of commitment.

Could we pull it off? Could Country Girl and I post to this little cyber-outpost every single day - weekends! Thanksgiving! - for a month?

Ummm...probably not. So we've once again enlisted the able-bodied assistance of the brilliant Comet Girl to watch our backs. Between the three of us, who are individually chatty and collectively a veritable verbal tsunami, we are going to tag-team this mother into submission.

So you need to know that I am a lifelong member of the Sacred Church of the Theme. Everything is better with a theme! As such my genre, if you will, my template, my theme for the month is based on Bridget Jones's Diary, only without the exciting random shagging, caloric count and "fag" tally. (Yikes. If you didn't read BJD, that certainly didn't make you want to rush to the bookstore, did it?)

CG2's BJD Entry for DAY ONE of NaBloPoMo:
What I'm Eating: Making White Chili and Cornbread for dinner tonight.
What I'm Drinking: 2005 Liberty School Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles)
What I'm Listening to: Badger Meets World planted "Die, Die My Darling" in my cranium this a.m. Classic Punk. Gotta love it.
What I'm Reading: The last little bit of last Sunday's NYT. Only the mag section left to go.
What's Pissing Me Off: Mid-life health issues. In the immortal words of a former boss, "If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself."
What's Cracking Me Up: Stephen Colbert's Presidential poll numbers. He's kicking the ever lovin' shit out of Gravel, Richardson, Kucinich and Dodd. It's pissing off the Wonks and that makes me laugh.

Comments

Country Girl said…
Well, shit. I've gotta go write that list down. But I LOVE it! I know WHAT you do, but not WHAT you do...the daily thing in between my rants and your rants and my reassurances and your reassurances. But I've got to get that list written down somewhere. This WILL be fun!

Girl, you a genius.
Country Girl said…
Well, shit. I've gotta go write that list down. But I LOVE it! I know WHAT you do, but not WHAT you do...the daily thing in between my rants and your rants and my reassurances and your reassurances. But I've got to get that list written down somewhere. This WILL be fun!

Girl, you a genius.
Anonymous said…
Happy NaBloPoMo to you!