A month ago the puppy down the street died of parvo. Then my neighbor noticed MY ugly dog was very lethargic and his gums were white. So I took him to the vet...
For spite, I did NOT take him to the hoot-nanny country vet at the end of the road, who charges approximately ten cents on the dollar to the other vets in this county. I took him to the Catholic vet, because he's a Catholic dog because that's who gave him to us...a Catholic teacher. (There's a little history here concerning the Big Boy, who didn't pay the vet bill on time last visit. Because he doesn't like animals.) So instead of the $40 bill I would have had, I paid about $270 to find out...there's nothing wrong with this dog. He's half basset hound. His job is to be lazy, after he fulfulls his ugly obligations and honey...this dog is an ACHIEVER. No flies on him.
ANYWAY. The dog doesn't have parvo, he has hookworms. Maybe. So they gave him a bunch of shots, and an antibiotic for...something. Can't remember...probably preventative. And a bottle of pills. Which The Nice Kid put on top of the microwave. Which is where MY pills are. So, yes. This morning I'm swallowing my diuretic and I notice it has a HORRIBLE bitter taste and realize...I just swallowed the dog's pill.
Looked it up on the computer and it's just a run of the mill antibiotic.
But I ran three and a half miles this morning. In a circle in the front yard.