City Girl and I have a friend, with M.D. after his name, who is happily starving to death as an artist. An unbelievable witty and talented artist. He sends me one of these once a year...this one has his answers first, and then mine after the three dots.
1. Do you like blue cheese ? Yes, I got a five pound pkg of Point Reyes Blue Cheese for Xmas.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No, I do better with salmon and a cedar plank.
3. Do you own a gun? Two. Don't have a clue where they are.
4 Your favorite song? 96 Tears, ? and the Mysterions (YOU ASKED!)
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? no...no reason to.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Upton Sinclair ruined a significant portion of my life.
7. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, Holy Night by Aaron Neville...I get RELIGION.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water, Juice...Coffee. Black. I have a LOVELY coffee maker, one of the great pleasures of my life.
9. Can you do push ups? I don't like sherbert.
10. What type of movies do you prefer? Hmmm, I don't like to work too hard to be entertained. My Cousin Vinny just cracks me UP.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?The four-carat diamond my next husband is going to buy me.
12. Favorite hobbies? Gardening, Crocheting (took it up to keep my mouth shut during my kid's sporting events.) Food.
13. Secret weapon to get the opposite sex? Treat 'em rough and tell 'em nothing.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? No. Yes. Maybe. HowthehelldoIknow? Oooh – a donut!...I am married to one and gave birth to another and THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. Especially since I'm not medicating so you better WORK THROUGH THIS SHIT.
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? Actually, I think I need ambition. Or to quit having kids at inopportune moments.
16. Middle Name? Cathleen
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. Why the HELL aren't they doing their homework? *Yes, Jesus has to stay in the hall.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Oooh. Not good timing. Two Head tennis racquets. Tennis balls. Tennis shorts. Dinner at Ruby Tuesday's for the kids and me. Groceries. Wine.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Bourbon. Bourbon. Water with the bourbon.
20. Current worry right now? Money...Money? WHAT money? The future? My kids college? The election? Repairing GW's fuck-ups? Getting fat? Global warming?...I can't fix ANYTHING.
21. Current hate right now? That fat little toad in seventh grade who is making my seventh grader's life hell.
22. Favorite place to be? Probably at the branch, when my kids are there.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? This year, I stayed home while my husband had dinner at Dale's with his high school buddies, then we drank the bottle of champagne they sent me. Because they thought I was sick and not anti-social, since I don't eat dinner with smokers.
24. Where would you like to go? Ireland.
25. Name 4 people who will complete this? I don't send these to but about three people.
26. Do you own slippers? No. I spend 99% of my life barefoot. Probably why I'm cold all winter.
27. What shirt are you wearing? A tank top. A fitted cotton sweater. A suede pullover from when TBB went to Pebble Beach without me. I've been sitting outside while my kids had tennis.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? That doesn't do a THING for me. Flannel. Washed a lot of times.
29. Can you whistle? I just THINK I can.
30. Favorite color? Gold, red, green.
31. Would you be a pirate? No. That looks like a LOT of work.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Respect by Aretha. Or Poke Salad Annie by Tony Joe White.
33. Favorite girl's name? Neeley. Pariss. Allie Craig.
34. Favorite boy's name? Smoky Lonesome. Artemus Gordon. Trampus. Warner B. Cole.
35. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? My kids.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? I'm assuming this refers to character sheets and puh-leeze. There warn't NO SUCH THING back then.
38. Worst injury you have ever had? A broken heart.
39. Do you love where you live? We stay here and we're gonna starve to death.
40. How many TVs & computers do you have in yourhouse? One computer. Two TVs.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Me....Oh, yeah. My sister-in-law is the only person louder than I am.
42. How many dogs do you have? 3 dogs, seven cat, three banties, one cockatiel and a goldfish from the Fall Festival who needs to give it up soon.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Yeah, but he's gay. Which is nice.
44. What is your favorite book? The Funeral Makers, Cathy Pelletier.
45. What's your favorite candy? I don't do sweets. If I had to pick, it would be dark chocolate-covered espresso beans. Having said that, one of the best parties I ever had involved, for dessert, Knob Creek for drinking, with dcceb's poured out on a white tablecloth.
46. Favorite Sports Team? Whatever my kids are playing on at the time.
47. What song(s) do you want played at your funeral? Hire Delbert and throw a party.
48. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Actually, I was asleep. For once.
49. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I hope the kids laid out their clothes last night.
50. What person with nothing to do thinks of this stuff? Someone like me who doesn't tend to his friends as he should.