I forget stuff....

....and there's nothing wrong with that. It happens. It's not a deal breaker. A lot of people my age get all freaked out when they forget stuff and start panicking about age and such, but I've always forgotten stuff and keeping in mind I have a LOT of stuff to remember? Consider yourself lucky if you're on the recall list. A lot of people/things aren't. "That Middle Kid," would be one of mine, and everyone (including her) knows who I'm talking about. Does it make her any less important? I don't think so.

However. There are some things better left in the past, and going through a drawer today I came across one. It would be this:



When The Not Nice Kid, aka The Little Kid although she's 14 years old, 5'10" and still growing and be DAMN glad you're not buying her clothes and shoes or paying her medical bills, was younger? Sort of...scary younger? She and the neighbor boy made these. Quarters on fishing line, to drop down into a vending machine. No lie and I can't make this shit up. It gets worse. They made this, and I have no idea if it worked or not, but then THEY SOLD THEM. They drilled holes in quarters, tied on fishing line and then sold them for $3. Each. Three dollars.

I'm not sure what is scarier: an eight-year-old hatching this or other kids buying it. Part of me laughs and goes....hope this kid is paying my nursing home bill. The other part of me goes...hope I can remember to send care packages to the state pen.

Hell....I hope I can REMEMBER there's a state pen ;-)

Comments