Speaking of Retro/Vintage Hell

I just purchased...are you sitting down?... a pair of grey boot cut corduroy pants.

Not a 20-year-old pair of cords from a thrift shop. From Ann Taylor Loft. Brand new.

And a grey/white/orchid plaid scrunchy scarf from NY&Co.

I can't decide if I'm channeling Pam Dawber circa 1978 Mork and Mindy, or an early 90s grunge devotee. Which I totally was. Back in the day.

I'm actually a bit afraid. I think they look good. And the friends who shopped with me at lunch think the cords look good...the jury is still out on the scarf. And the cords are super comfy....

But I can't help thinking I'm going to end up a Glamour Fashion Don't with a black box over my eyes!

Jeebus Tap Dancing Christ, what was I thinking? Am I brave enough to pull this off?!

Comments

Le laquet said…
Cord *drool* orouy!!!!!! *simper, flutter eyelashes, shake hips* = ch-ching ;o)
The Peach Tart said…
Corduroy is the new black so you're hip.
jon said…
I used to like cords but the constant zttttt...zttttt...zttttt drove me crazy.
Jennifer said…
Yes, fashion is currently a blend of the 70s and 90s. Even flannel is coming back, although this time it's fitted. (Says the girl wearing a chocolate and cream scrunchy scarf). Own it!
Country Girl said…
I would SO live in corduroy if...it weren't so hot. It used to be warm but these days...I'm buying dark baggy linen for the winter.
Alicia said…
ohhhh dang girl!! pictures please!!! lets see the new threads!