16 November 2011
1. Mix up a big nasty batch of Master Cleanse
2. Buy, cook and consume vegetables in large quantities
3. Refrain from alcohol and caffeine for the weekend
4. Get a massage, a steam and drink many liters of water
5. Sit down and read both newspapers
6. Take vitamins
7. Take naps
8. Seriously attempt to meditate
10. Not leave the house (except for the massage)
Normally my weekend routine goes something like this:
1. Eat a lot of bad stuff
2. Eat a lot of good stuff
3. Drink a lot of wine
4. Drink a lot of Diet Coke and coffee
5. Run around like a maniac trying to accomplish way too many things
6. Start worrying on Sunday afternoon, what madness the week ahead will bring
7. Beat myself up on Sunday night for all the things I *didn't* accomplish
I hate to admit this, but the older I get the harder it is to bounce back from a week on the road. Especially when I travel with people...I tend to pick up their bad habits and add them to my already impressively long list of Things I Really Shouldn't Do.
Like eat sausage for breakfast, an Italian sub for lunch and then top it off with ribs and wings for dinner.
Can you say bloated? I knew that you could.