On the Internet Nobody Knows You're a Dog

Voicemail message left five minutes ago:
"Country Girl*, call me immediately. Nobody is hurt or bleeding, I just have something to tell you...Okay, so I'll just tell you now: We have a blog. I've been telling you that you need a blog. So now you have one. We have one. Country Girl/City Girl. That's you and me. But if you don't want to participate, that's okay, I'll be both of us. Call me."

And so it was that Country Girl/City Girl was birthed.
:: cue the hallelujah chorus ::

I have frequently thought, "Who in the flippin' world could be so presumptuous as to think that anyone outside their immediate family - and only then because they have to - gives a rat's ass about what they have to say?" And yet, I spend every lunch hour on-line...reading blogs. Knitting blogs, mil-blogs, foodie blogs, political blogs, stream-of-consciousness blogs. American, Canadian, British and Australian, I love 'em all.

So, here I sit presumptuous to the hilt, hoping my counterpart will play along.

"Can Country Girl come out to play?"

- City Girl


*Real names have been changed to protect our husbands.







Comments