1. If a passenger on an airplane hacks and coughs for the first 30 minutes of a flight without covering his/her mouth, all other passengers should be allowed to render coughing passenger unconscious - by any available means - for the duration of the flight.
2. At night, from 5,000 feet, Santa Barbara looks like a gauzy, glowing cocoon of giant caterpillar people. I'm just sayin'.
3. I love geeks. Girl geeks, boy geeks - all geeks. You might not realize it, but they make life infinitely easier and more enjoyable for the rest of us.
4. In flight, giggling teenage girls are as annoying as screaming babies. At least the babies can't help themselves.
5. Reason number 973 for ripping that old Drum and Bagpipe CD to your iPod: Amazing Grace on the pipes is actually an effective counter-measure against the loquacious Cambodian-American Valley Girls seated behind you.
6. Southern California never fails to creep me out. Sorry SoCal fans. I'm a Midwestern girl, and any region in which men work as hard as women to be pretty, and all these pretty people look like they're dressed in costume...is wrong. Very, very wrong. They all look like television characters. Even the busboys look like they're channeling West Side Story.
7. There is nothing better than coming home to a clean house. Thanks, Hubster. :o)