It's not really funny....

...but.

CG and I have multiple posts in the "Edit" section of Blogger. I work on mine in the car while I wait. She probably makes international business calls with one hand and writes with the other. And cooks with the other ;)

Which brings us to...My first boyfriend's mother didn't like me when we started dating, but four years later when we broke up she decided he could do worse. She SURE as hell decided he HAD done worse when he married a charwoman.

Okay, there aren't charwomen in the United States. That's okay...this worked out GREAT.

So over the last 40 years (yes, I was 14 when we started "going steady) I've come to appreciate her outspokenness and bluntness. It helps that I'm not the target anymore ;) And then, sometime last year, she walked into early service at church and didn't know where she was. Which was the impetus she needed to go into assisted living.

So when this came today? Dedicated to "the old, the getting-old, and the will-be-old?" I cracked UP...truth is stranger than internet jokes!!!





"WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?!"

The irate customer calling the newspaper office, loudly demanded to know where her Sunday edition was.

"Madam", said the newspaper employee, "today is Saturday. The Sunday paper is not delivered until tomorrow, on SUNDAY".

There was quiet and a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a ray of recognition as she was heard to mutter,

"Well, shit, that explains why no one was at church today."

Comments

wineandroasts said…
Of course there are charwomen in the US! In Chicago we called them "babushkas" because they were all Polish. :o)