Saturday Slap in the Face

Hang onto your banana clips and leg warmers, girls of a certain age.

I was minding my own business, studying the latest issue of People Magazine, the annual Sexiest Man Live edition, doing research, when I flipped to the article, "Sexy at Every Age."

I looked at the guys in their 20s...meh. With the exception of Robert Pattinson they all looked like they had 11:00 curfews.

30? Jake Gyllenhall, Leonardo DiCaprio - Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

The guys in the 40s category looked even more familiar: Jason "Handsome Rob" Stratham, Clive Owen, John Stamos, Jon Bon Jovi - be still my Tiger Beat-ing heart.

Then I got to the 50s category where, back in the day, I rarely recognized actors...and there he was: Ralph Macchio.

The Karate Kid, Johnny from The Outsiders, Jeremy from Eight is Enough -  is 50 years old.

That can't be right...... Ah, but it is.

So, if you'll all excuse me, I'm going out back to dig a big hole. I need to bury the last illusion...delusion...I had that I'm still reasonably young.

Comments